Are you sick of feeling scorched in your car in summer? You can save gas costs when traveling. Many workers who travel for their usual job purpose prefer window tinting. Is it worth it? In this Auto Glass Shop post, we’ll explore vehicle window tinting’s pros and cons, varieties, cost, how to tint your windows, risks, and Dubai’s tinting rules. This article will help you decide whether tinting your car’s windows is energy-efficient or not.
Price of Vehicle Window Tinting
Window tinting costs vary based on a variety of factors. The final price depends on the type of film, the size and number of windows to be tinted, and the installer’s experience.
- Due to their heat-rejection properties, high-quality ceramic or carbon films cost more than metallic or coloured films. SUVs also take longer to shoot and install.
- DIY window tinting kits may seem cheaper, but good installation takes time and work. Professional installers with film-specific expertise and excellent skills are suggested.
- Tinting the windows of a typical sedan costs AED 500–1200, whereas tinting the windows of a premium car or bigger vehicle costs AED 1500–3000 or more. High-quality car window tinting can cut your energy expenditures over time.
How to Tint Your Windows
Tinting car windows saves energy. This knowledge is essential for DIYers.
Get everything you need, which includes the window tint film, a spray bottle filled with clean water, a razor blade or pocket knife, a sponge, or an old debit or credit card for smoothing patterns and wrinkles.
- Wash the windows with soap and water. Dry everything before the next step.
- Measure and trim the window’s tint film to fit each pane. Leave 0.5-1 cm around each piece for complete coverage.
- After spraying the film with soapy water on both sides, position it so that the adhesive side is flush with one edge of the windowpane, and then carefully peel back the paper while pressing down firmly and using your fingers, credit card, or squeegee to remove any air bubbles that could have formed underneath it. You should successfully cover the entire window this way!
- Reduce superfluous margins using a razor blade or utility knife, and leave the material alone for at least 24 hours.
Dangers Associated with Auto Window Tinting
- Tinting your car’s windows may seem harmless, but there are risks. Low visibility is dangerous. In bad weather or at night, excessive tinting might impair eyesight.
- Some automobile window tintings can be illegal in your location. For instance, Dubai has VLT requirements for front and rear car windows.
- Window tinting substance quality is also crucial. If used, cheap materials may expand or degrade. This can reduce efficacy and appearance.
- Improper installation may harm windows and impair their structural integrity. Hire a trusted specialist with experience tinting cars.
- Incorrectly removing old window tints can harm the glass surface, requiring costly replacements.
- Before tinting your automobile, examine the hazards and decide whether you need car window curtains or tinting.
Dubai’s Laws Regarding Vehicle Window Tinting
- In Dubai, regulations regarding the tinting of automobile windows must be followed. These regulations were put in place to protect commuters and drivers on the road.
- The Traffic Law of Dubai prohibits front windscreen tinting and limits side window obscurity to no more than 50%.
- Car owners must also choose a reputable company or professional installer utilising locally approved, high-quality materials. This will aid vehicle owners in avoiding legal issues on the roadways of Dubai.
- Moreover, cars with heavily tinted windows can attract unwanted attention from law enforcement officers at routine traffic stops or checkpoints. Therefore, it is highly recommended that car owners should always adhere to Dubai’s Traffic Law when tinting their windows.
- Understanding the laws governing window tinting in Dubai will enable car owners to make well-informed decisions regarding the safety of their vehicles on the roads of UAE.
How to Select High-Quality Tinting Materials
Consider doing the tinting job yourself if you want to avoid professional installation expenses. Just be mindful of the hazards involved with DIY projects.
There are many variables that need to be considered while selecting window tinting for your car. Quality also varies with different window tint films.
- First, find trusted tinting makers that use high-quality tinting materials. Such firms make reliable, long-lasting goods.
- Film UV protection is another important factor. The sun’s rays may damage your skin and the upholstery in your car, but a good tint can keep at least 99 per cent of them out.
- Different film kinds vary in darkness and reflectivity, so deciding whether you want your windows black or shiny is important. Using black films, particularly at night or in poor light, might limit visibility.
- Pick a film that has a lifetime warranty against degradation. You can feel greatly satisfied knowing that you bought a long-lasting, trouble-free stuff with excellent energy savings.
How Window Tinting Is an Eco-Friendly Option
Window tinting is an effective method for conserving energy. It can reduce the heat and sunlight penetrating your vehicle, making traveling in hot weather more comfortable. It is also essential to choose tinting materials of superior quality to ensure their durability, eco friendliness and efficacy.
- Window tinting reduces the electricity used to cool a building’s interior by reflecting the sun’s heat away from the window. This decreases the pollution emitted into the air since HVAC systems use less power.
- Window tinting can dramatically lessen one’s carbon footprint by cutting down on energy usage and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This makes it a sustainable alternative.
- Tinted windows reduce the fading of furniture, rugs, and other indoor things by blocking the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation. As a result, window tinting extends the life of such useful products, leading to less wasteful disposal.
- The coloured film, in general, is readily recyclable, making it a green and sustainable choice.
- Tinted windows can last longer than ordinary ones because they are more resistant to cracking and shattering, reducing the frequency with which they must be replaced. Less frequent replacement means less garbage and ultimately fewer negative effects on the environment.
Car owners choose window tinting option for various reasons, like reducing energy costs. Adding window tinting to a vehicle offers numerous additional benefits ranging from better aesthetics to increased privacy. If you’re looking for a way to travel in luxury while conserving energy while you are with your girl or family, then window tinting can be the best option for you. Tinting your car’s windows could solve every future problem you are likely to face during travelling!